Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fanfiction: Them

They were an odd couple.

Straddling the huge black bike of theirs and speeding past the various settlements across town, they attracted attention where ever they went.

Be it due to his almost perpetually stern face or her almost perpetually hyperactiveness, not many could forget the odd duo, even if they had only stopped by for a couple of minutes.

"I saw them zooming past the Town Center...she was hunched against his back, looking sick..."

"Them? I remember them, the brat and the fierce looking guy...The brat stole my apples...though that man returned them somewhat with a sorry look on his face..."

"Ah, that young couple...they told me they were hitch-hiking across the continents...the wonders of youth...why, even I did some travelling during my days of youth with Ben...poor Ben..."

"Oh...you're friends of them? Good...good...now you'll have to pay for the damages that they've caused...'specially the front doors...oh, my mahogany front doors...What happened? Some lechers were looking the young missy up...the 'hero' who was with her didn't liked it one bit, so he promptly decided to smash them up against MY front doors...oh my poor doors..."

"You say the motorcyclists that sped here weeks ago? I remember them...particularly that young man...what a hunk! With his long blonde locks...and his blue eyes..."

"The most miss-matched couple, in my opinion! He's so serious and dull...she's so sprightly, so energetic, so hyper...wonder how they'll get along...That's a couple headed for separation..."

"Cute! That's the only thing that went past my mind when I say them walking to that monstrous bike of theirs...She was prancing around prattling about something...and he was just looking at her with a dreamy gaze...So cute, don't you think?"

"They're a couple? Wait just a sec...when I saw them, they were arguing and fighting, fighting I tell you, with swords and shurikens, like nobody's business...Heck, it was NOBODY's business, 'coz whenever anyone tried to interfere, she'll switched targets immediately and start banging that poor person up while he would just cast an indifferent eye...A couple, you say? What a scary couple, then..."

"Them? The last time I saw them, they went to Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend over there for something...The girl came out happy though..."

"Oooh...the Princess, you say? She went in there with the handsome looking boyfriend of hers...and came out with her face all red...his too, come to think of it..."

"Them? What the hell do I want with them? Those damn bastards came waltzing in and started peppering me with questions of about marriage...As if I knew anything about being a good husband...And she...that...that brat started asking Shira about bed...Can you imagine that? Asking MY wife about MY perfomances in bed! What the hell did they came here for anyways? Why the hell did they choose us amongst all our companions? And ask us about our sex life! Damn them..."

"Oh, you mean both of them? They came here...he was looking for some kind of permanent job, so I told him to ask Reno about that...Looks like he wants to settle down, no? Then you should be glad, right? WHAT??? With HER? Are you pulling my leg? WITH HER? I though she was there because she had nothing else to do...you know how she's like, I still can't forgive her for pulling my Cait Sith's tail just because she was bored...God bless that man's poor soul...Why of all the people did he choose her?"

"Saw them? Yeah, I did...told me a few things I didn't know...told me a few things I didn't WANT to know...but...guessed it can't be help...Anyways, can I follow you in your journey to find them? Seems a little fun...well, it's certainly more fun than watching this cave, no?"

"I missed you guys! Saw him and her? I did...she was so pretty...Did you know she wants to unbraid her hair? She said he said that she looked good without those ugly constraints...she bashed him up a little, but afterwards she did as he said...Isn't that so cute? When I grow up, I want a guy just like him! You hear that, Denzel? I want a guy just like HIM!"

Yes, they were an odd couple.

Yet, they can't seem to be happier whenever they're with each other.

There will be fights, there will be quarrels...but I guess if they just love each other hard enough, nothing can upset their lives.

So, where ever you are, Cloud and Yuffie, good luck and have fun...I'm wishing you guys all the best.

"I d....ACHOO...o!"

"Yep, m...Achoo..e too!" They both said and sneezed simultaneously.

They looked at each other, smiling. "Tifa!"

The minister cleared his throat.

"The heck with ceremonies! You're mine, Spikes, and I'm not letting you go!"
With that, she stood on her tip toes and kissed him.

"I'm not letting you go either." He said, breaking off the kiss before taking her hand and leading her out of the chapel and onto his bike.

They've got a new mission.

Their lives together.

He keyed the ignition, reved up the bike.

Glancing at her, he smiled.

"We've got Reno and Elena to catch...so hold on tight."

"Go slow, Spikes, please..."
"Will do, Your Highness..." he replied cheekily and sealed it with a kiss.

And they sped off into the sunset...together.

Both of them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...I haven't had time to read yet, but the title already evokes chills up my spine. You know how I feel about non-canonical couples!

    ReplyDelete