Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fanfiction: Discord

And I am flawed, but I am cleaning up so well,
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself.
- Dashboard Confessional, Vindicated

The classroom never felt smaller than before, at least, to him. Somehow, everywhere he turned, everywhere he looked, he would end up facing her. ‘Her and her god-awful, irrational, hormone driven temper!’ he thought testily, as he challenged her furious glare as their paths crossed again, for the fifth time in the class.

The class somehow knew something was going on between the two childhood friends, and the majority chose to wisely ignore it. Somehow, poking their noses into the affairs of two of the most aggressive (and strongest) students didn’t amuse them much, which was fine for Ichigo. Unfortunately, his closer group of friends simply couldn’t take a hint.

“Hey, Ichigo, what’s going on with you and Tatsuki?” Keigo asked curiously as he loomed into Ichigo’s line of sight.

“Nothing.”

“Whhaat? You call those,” Keigo pointed somewhat indirectly towards the angry look Tatsuki had been directing all day long at the orange haired teen, “normal? She looks like that only when she catches me feeling Orihime up!” Keigo narrowed his eyes at Ichigo. “Did you feel Orihime up?”

“No!” the teen in question snarled. “She just mad at me for reasons I don’t bloody know and which she bloody expects me to bloody read her mind!”

Silence fell in the classroom. Ichigo’s face reddened silently, as he realized he ranted a little louder than he expected. He glared defiantly at anyone who dared to stare at him, stopping short of her, though.

Nevertheless, he could hear her chair scrap the cement floor, he could hear her soft footsteps headed his way.

“Good luck,” Keigo whispered softly, eyeing the bristling tigress who was stalking up to her prey, as he slinked off, eager to escape whatever massacre Ichigo would be facing. The entire class followed suit, seemingly involved in whatever extra-curricular activities which required them to leave the class, providing a wide berth for both Ichigo and his angry friend.

“You know what your problem is?” he could hear her low voice quietly asking.

He turned bracing himself for the furious onslaught he thought was coming, and thus was more than surprised to see tears welling up in her large, large eyes.

“You are a bastard, Ichigo. A selfish, inconsiderate, dense bastard!” Tears were trickling unchecked down her cheeks, signaling to him how upset she really was.

Her voice then dropped to a mere whisper. “I love you…but I don’t know why I should!” Wiping the tears of her face, she hiccupped.

“You confuse me, Ichigo. You’re always around Orihime and Rukia, always smiling and laughing with them, crushing my heart. Then, you would turn to me and smile the truest smile, building up my hopes back!”

“But, then, then when I finally built up my confidence to tell you how I feel, you told me, “Sure, Tats, I love you, too.” Do you know how painful it is to hear that? Do you?” She stared into his eyes, pain evident in hers.

“No, you don’t. Because you’re Ichigo.” She answered sneeringly, her voice growing bitter. “Well, I’m sorry to have bloody messed up your day. This won’t happen again.” And with that, she wiped her tear-stained cheeks one last time and turn to leave.

And he could only stand there in shock as he tried to understand what just happened.

DISCORD noun:
disagreement, quarreling

No comments:

Post a Comment