Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fanfiction: Questions

"Can I trust you?" she asked him, uncertainty evident in her large emerald eyes.
"Trust is a crystal vase. It is exquisite, precious but it is also fragile. Like a crystal vase, you have to choose who to give your trust, too. Give it to the wrong person, and it crumbles easily...like it was never there. Give it to the right one; and it will serve as a memory for you, and that person for the rest of time. But no one should tell you who to trust. You have to decide on your own." He told her as he led her into the common room of the inn. Pain was evident on his face, both physically and emotionally.
She made up her mind. The next day, they left that small town together.

"Where do you find the strength to forgive someone who has done you such great harm?" he asked; his pale eyes boring into her green ones.
She was casting Cure spells on his numerous wounds, after a particularly harsh battle with a large group of water beetles. "I see what is in here," she said as she placed her hand directly on his chest, where his heart is, "and if it is big enough to accept my forgiveness, then I forgive that person. And yours is big enough to accept two, so I grant you both mine and my mother's forgiveness."
She gave him a big smile.

"How do you love a person?" she asked him, her face full of concern as she watched the Prince of Damcyan mourned the loss of his love.
He thought solemnly for a while before replying, "I think to love someone is not just to love what is in front of you. To love someone is to love the past and the future as well. I guess you must be able to hold all of that if you love someone." She pondered his answer for a while.
"To love...then it's a serious commitment?"
"Yeah."

"Why does it have to rain...NOW?" he asked mournfully, as he trudged through the soaked plains of Baron, under the harsh storm.
"Rain? I like rain. No, I LOVE rain!" she exclaimed happily, dancing in the wet, wet rain.
"What's so fun about rain? You get soaked, your sword rusts, your cloak feels like it suddenly weighs ten tons, and if you're lucky, you get a cold!" He grumbled irritably, wringing his damp cloak.
"There's always rain in Mist!" She said indignantly.
Her voice softened, "Besides, when it rains, it feels like the sky's weeping, so whatever worries you have will be washed away. Like now, you're no longer worried sick about her. You're able to joke, to smile, to laugh...and if you're lucky, you get to see a rainbow, and that is hope!"
She consoled her irritated leader, taking his hand and forcing him to dance with her.

"What happens when snow melt?" she asked him, watching with rapt fascination at the icy peaks of Mt. Hobs, her attention diverted from the mob of monsters roaming the trails, suddenly reminded of the wintery season in Mist. He raised an eyebrow, heaving his blade, preparing to cleave the sandworm accompanying the scrounging feline-like creatures.
"Water?"
"Wrong...it becomes spring!" she said gleefully, whipping out her staff and bonking an inattentive goblin in one go.

"When will I ever achieve my own happiness?" he thought, unaware that he actually spoke the question aloud, as he watched the antics of Yang and his wife.
"Happiness is relative," she replied succinctly, following his gaze towards the happy couple.
"It is a simple matter of wanting what you have, and not having what you want. So, what do you have?"
He was startled. Yet, he answered softly after a moment of thinking, "I have friends who are family. I have love. I have the ability to breathe, meaning that I am still alive."
"Do you want these things?" she asked again.
"Yes."
"Then, you are happy." She left him with that statement.

"Why did you come back to us...to me?" he asked, staring deep into the emerald eyes of the once-child now-woman.
"Where else am I to go? Who else do I have in this world? And...," her reply was cut short when he flung his powerful arms over her slender frame.
A muffled "Thanks," was all she heard next.

"What do you see when you look at me?" he asked her, his expression thoughtful.
It has been like that with him ever since he discarded his black armor at Mt. Ordeals, silent, thoughtful, preoccupied.
"I see someone who has a heart. I see someone who is willing to give that very heart away for the sake of anyone and everyone. I see someone who deserves more than everyone else a heart in return. That is simply how I see you. No matter what armor you wear, no matter who or what you follow, you will always be that someone," she replied before standing on her tip-toes to ruffle his blonde hair affectionately.

"Why is there death in this world?" he asked gravely, as he watched the Eblan prince weep over the death of his parents. "I am a Paladin, one of believes in the Light, yet, all Light has proven to me is that death is still the victor, no matter what."
He stared disgustedly at his holy adornment.
She walked over to him, taking his hands in her small dainty ones. Then, she said, "I think death is very much a part of life, and no amount of Light can change that. Death is present because without it, what is life?"

"Why is Evil let to live on this world?" she questioned him before their fight with Zeromus, the others taking a much needed breather after several tough fights with the Behemoths.
"Well, someone once told me that without the night, we will never see the stars...and I guess that is quite true." He was polishing his Excalibur.
"But if the stars were bright enough, there would not be any night anymore, right?"
They pondered over her statement the rest of the night.

"Are you happy?" she asked him again, on his wedding night.
"I have her, I have a family, I have peace," was his reply.
"Then, I am happy for you."
"But..." he spoke to an empty corridor, "I want you."

"Why are you here?" she asked him, surprised at his presence in the Royal Hall of the Land of Summons.
"To see you," he replied easily.
"Where is your wedding band?" It was not strange that she noticed the absence of the very of her happiness.
"With him." Again, he replied easily.
"Who are you talking about?" She was getting impatient, angry with his care-free attitude, angry with herself for daring to hope.
"Kain." He tilted her face upward with his long hands.
"W-w-what are you doing?" She was beginning to feel flustered.
"What I should have done a long time ago," he said before pressing his lips on her soft ones.
hile she tried to push him back, push back the feelings that his mere presence aroused, she could only fight so much. As much as she wanted to deny it, for it pained her so, she knew she was still in love with him, and forever will be.
She melted into his arms, content that this time, he would not be leaving.
"When did you start loving me?" he asked curiously, a brief respite after their kisses.
"Honestly, I was in the middle before I knew I had begun."
"How is it that you can ever love someone like me?" His tone softened to a whisper.
"Because you make me happy. You make me want you. And now that I have you, I am happy." She breathed into his ear.
"So am I. So am I."

No comments:

Post a Comment